- 1 King Size Bed (ground floor master suite)
- 2 Queen Size Beds (in each upstairs bedroom)
- 1 Full size Sleeper Sofa (in master suite)
- 1 Sofa Sleeper in Parlor
- Range/oven, Refrigerator, Dishwasher, Microwave
- Washer & Dryer for Guest Use
- Wireless Internet and Cable TV in Parlor and three bedrooms
- Dishware, Utensils, Towels, & Linens Provided
- Complementary Breakfast Bar
- One Full Bath on Main floor with Tub/Shower Combination
- One Full Bath with Tub/Shower off upstairs bedroom
- Four Historic (non-working) fireplaces in parlor, kitchen and upstairs bedrooms
- Central Heat and Air Conditioning
- BarBQ and picnic table
- LDS Art, Library and Collectibles Curio
- Sleeps up to 10, porta-crib available on request
The Rufus Abbott Manor affords you the opportunity to stay in a Nauvoo Mormon Pioneer home! This historic home is just seven blocks from the temple and sleeps up to ten comfortably. Rufus Abbott started building this home in 1839 and finished it in 1845 just before his family left with Brigham Young to travel to Salt Lake City in February 1846. This home feels and looks like what it may have in the 1840’s thus letting you ‘Sleep Where the Pioneer’s Slept’.
The original pioneer brick home has three bedrooms (two upstairs) and an old fashioned parlor with library, collectible curio cabinet, historic fireplace and mantle, and a queen size sofa sleeper. A nice place to visit and converts to a bedroom with the pull-out sofa. The historic kitchen has the original fireplace where meals were cooked, in addition to modern appliances added to the other side of the kitchen. Adjacent to the kitchen is the windowed sun-porch overlooking the expansive yard where guests eat at the dining table. The sun porch also contains a breakfast bar with toaster and microwave for our guests. The master suite is on the main level in a 1903 addition to the original brick home. This large suite has a king size bed, full-size sofa sleeper, armoire, and 32” flat screen TV. Adjacent to it is the downstairs bathroom with shower/tub combination.
Up the wide pioneer stairs are two bedrooms, each with queen size beds and fireplaces, plus flat screen TVs for modern comfort. One has an antique dresser and armoire, plus a pioneer stairway to the attic where antique chairs and furnishings are stored away. This bedroom also has a cozy bathroom with tub/shower combination.
Recent remodeling included new paint, rugs and furnishings throughout this home. All utensils, dishware, linens, and towels are provided. A washer & dryer are also provided for guest use. High speed internet is available as well. In addition to LDS and Nauvoo themed art, the home has a small library of books about Nauvoo and early LDS history, and antiques and collectibles for the ambience of this pioneer home. In addition, very comfortable modern beds, appliances and electronics provide a comfortable stay for your family while you “Sleep Where the Pioneer’s Slept”!Check Availability